Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Birthday

I awakened from slumber at a quarter hour befor 5 in the morning hours on this 19th day of June, in the year of our Lord two-thousand seven. This in turn means that my BIRTHDAY wilt be the longest day of my summer, being not a day upon which I woke at the noon hour and so far having only slept for a total of two hours and one half.
Now, no longer art I one of the teenagers of which thou hearest copious and tumultuous complaints and clamor. No longer a part of that buzzeth such as it is. My parents have no longer the distinctin of surviving every day at home with their teenage son. However, I art stuck in the middle still. Not quite considered an adult, for I cannot imbibe strong spirits of intoxicating nature, nor may I place money on chances and odds (also known by its sinful name of gambling).
The English to which most are accustomed is a falsity. Genuine English must be convoluded and drawn out, being not a chance to repeat the words "like" and "whatever" many and sundry times. Therefore, thou art reading the results of mine own attempt to resurrect a dead language.

2 comments:

Bryce said...

Trevor!! I realized the other day I forgot about your birthday... sorry. Anyway, I know you're in Kenya now. Give me a call when you get back.

Bryce

Unknown said...

I didn't even know you had a blog. So anyways, this is Jessie. And I like the English in your birthday post.
Jessie